Investing in children from a tender age makes them become useful people in the future. That applies to investing in their oral health. Regular check-ups for their teeth ensure that they maintain a healthy smile even after growing permanent teeth. Skyline smiles through its team of specialists providing services for pediatric dentistry in Santa Clarita. They take care of your children’s oral health from birth till they become of age. Ensure your child has regular check-ups to maintain healthy teeth. Call their office today or make an online booking to schedule a consultation with a specialist.
What is Pediatric Dentistry?
Pediatric dentistry involves the management and extermination of children’s oral health. It is also an avenue for offering oral health education to parents on how to maintain healthy teeth for their children. Children’s milk teeth begin to grow when they are around seven months, and they start to grow permanent teeth at around 7 years of age. When children’s oral health is not given proper care, it can result in lifetime problems of pain and complications.
Who is a Pediatric Dentist?
A pediatric dentist is a trained professional on matters of dentistry for infants, children, and teens. He examines, diagnoses, treats, and provides education on oral hygiene to patients.
What Problems Does a Pediatric Dentist See?
Dental Caries and Tooth Decay
Tooth decay is the availability of cavities in teeth caused using sugary items. It is most common in children since they are not keen on maintaining their dental hygiene. Therefore, it is important to ensure they get checked regularly to maintain healthy teeth.
Teething problems occur because of the late eruption of teeth in infants. When an infant’s teeth are delayed, it is advisable to visit a pediatric dentist for consultations on the possible causes.
Misalignment of Teeth
When the jaws are closed together, the upper and the lower teeth are supposed to be in line. When the jaws fail to meet when the mouth is closed, the problem is referred to as malocclusion. Malocclusion creates eating and speaking problems and can also cause injuries to the tongue and gum. Pediatric dentists address this problem.
What Are the Responsibilities of Pediatric Dentistry?
· To monitor growth and development of the teeth and jaws in children.
· Correcting malocclusion through orthodontic treatment.
· Interpret dental x-rays and other diagnostic tests performed on patients.
· Perform the surgical procedures necessary.
· Formulating a plan to be followed to restore the oral health of a pediatric patient.
· Providing all forms of emergency dental care such as pain and trauma.
What Type of Treatments Do Pediatric Dentists Offer?
· They treat dental injuries such as knocked-out teeth or fractured teeth.
· Managing pediatric periodontal disease and mouth ulcers.
· Infant oral health examination.
· Performing teeth cleaning and fluoride treatments.
· Assessments and treatment of orthodontics.
· Offer counseling for habits like thumb sucking.
· … Read More...