Tips for a Healthy Vagina2 min read
The vagina is a very important part of a woman’s body and keeping it healthy is very important for the overall health. Whether it is a vaginal revitalization in Forest Hills or regular gynecological exams, a woman must pay special attention to her “lady parts”.
If you are wondering what you can do to keep your vagina healthy and young, keep reading these tips that will help:
- Healthy diet- As irrelevant as it might sound to you, eating well is important for your holistic health, including your vagina. Eating right and exercising helps you in keeping your weight in check which is good for you and helps you in keeping chronic conditions like diabetes at bay. And it helps in vaginal health because these diseases increase your chances of getting yeast infections and other urinary tract infections.
- Protected sex- Using condoms while having sex is very important to safeguard you from diseases that are sexually transmitted. So, having protection when you get involved in a sexual act should be of priority to you.
- Don’t overlook your gynecologist visit- For the sake of your vaginal health, you should visit your gynecologist regularly and not try to ignore it because a checkup can help you steer clear of a lot of infections and catch them on the onset so that it can be treated before getting extremely bothersome.
- Water is enough- There are so many intimate products available on the shelves that they make you feel that you need all of them. However, on the contrary, you don’t need any of them, just washing with water is sufficient because the vagina is an organ that has properties that make it self-cleansing. So, skipping these products altogether is a good idea, however, if you wish to use one then go for a gentle soap for the external part.
- Avoid pubic hair removal- Pubic hair has several purposes like it stops bad bacteria from entering the vagina and helps with friction and sweat-related issues. Experts suggest that it is best that you don’t shave them completely, of course, you can choose to trim them but you must avoid shaving them off.
- Soft clothing- When you are choosing underwear, it is important to go for a material that is breathable as it is good for your vagina.