Figuring the suitable birth control form that best suits you can be a struggle. Before settling on a contraception form, one of the most important concerns is whether you are looking for a type that will prevent you from getting pregnant, permanently. If you are looking to find information to help you select the best Boca Raton birth control method, the team at MyDoc Women’s Health Specialists understands the various factors that come into play when selecting a birth control option. The all-female team will guide you through the various contraception forms and help you choose an option befitting your needs.
How do hormonal contraceptives work?
Hormonal contraceptives contain minimal levels of synthetic estrogen and progestin hormones that inhibit your natural forms, preventing you from getting pregnant. The hormonal contraceptives work by:
· Stopping your body from ovulating
· Changing your cervical mucus, making it impossible for sperm to swim through
· Changing your womb’s lining making implantation difficult
How can you avoid getting pregnant without using birth control forms?
There are several recommendations your doctor will suggest that do not involve implanting, taking, wearing, blocking, or sticking anything. They include:
· Abstinence. For you to get pregnant, your egg has to meet with sperm for fertilization. However, it will be impossible to get pregnant when there is no sexual intercourse.
· Outercourse. Outercourse does not allow vaginal penetration of any kind. Without vaginal penetration, it will be impossible to get pregnant.
· Fertility awareness methods. This form of conception prevention entails tracking your cycle to skip engaging in sexual intercourse on the most fertile days of your menstrual cycle. On the other hand, you could also use the tracking method if you are trying to get pregnant.
What are the barrier birth control forms you could use to prevent you from getting pregnant?
Not everyone feels comfortable with shots, pills, and implants. Additionally, you do not want to get comfortable with a withdrawal method since it could mess with you. There is various ‘need to’ options you could use to trap the sperm and prevent it from swimming to your uterus. They include:
· Condoms. Condoms are classic birth control forms that work by trapping any fluid coming out of the penis. This birth control form also shields you from STIs.
· Spermicide. Besides using spermicide alongside cervical caps, sponges, and diaphragms, you could use spermicide independently to kill sperms. The spermicide is time-sensitive. Thus, you will have to apply the substance approximately 15 minutes before intercourse to let it dissolve.
· Sponge. The sponge is a squishy non-latex disc you place deep inside your vagina to cover your cervix. Once inside, the sponge will block and kill sperm that attempt to enter your uterus.
· Diaphragm. This birth control form is a soft silicone disc you saturate with spermicide and insert inside your vagina, where it works as your cervix’s bodyguard.
· Cervical cap. The cap is a prescription silicone covering you fill with spermicide and shove into your cervix to prevent sperms from swimming through to your uterus.
Knowing what contraception best works for you requires guidance from an expert. Contact your gynecologist to help you find the best contraception that matches your lifestyle and unique needs.