Infertility can be defined as not being able to conceive. This condition can be found in both women and men; however, most people assume that only women have infertility issues, which is not correct. Infertility in women is just like any other health condition. Unfortunately, in the United States, many women have been experiencing infertility problems. Fortunately, they can get help from a certified nurse midwife in Jackson Heights, NY.
Infertility can tamper with your emotions if not treated professionally. If you have any infertility problems either in the U.S. or anywhere around the world, continue reading this article as we will be discussing the causes and how to get treated.
Why Can’t I Get Pregnant?
Many reasons may cause infertility in women, such as;
- Blocked Fallopian Tubes: Infertility can be triggered due to blocked fallopian tubes. Many women who have blocked tubes cannot receive the sperms for conception to occur; this automatically leads to infertility as the tubes are meant to release an egg for fertility.
- Uterine Fibroids: If you have fibroids in your uterus, you may not get pregnant. Fibroids are growths that get attached to the uterus, which can easily interfere with the conception process.
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS): PCOS is a common condition that tampers with the ovaries, of which they cannot release an egg for conception. Women with PCOS tend to have irregular periods, which affect their fertility process.
- Irregular Periods: Usually, fertility should take place during the ovulating days of a woman’s cycle. If a woman’s cycle is irregular, the chances of getting pregnant are meager.
What Are Steps to Evaluation Tests?
Professional gynecologists, like the ones found in Raveco Medical, can easily take you through evaluation tests as follows;
- Uterus: The gynecologist will take a test of your uterus, checking whether there is any problem detected.
- Ovulation: Your ovulation cycle will be checked as this may be the cause of your infertility.
- Partners Sperms: It is vital to know if your partner has the right sperm count; this is because the number of sperm released may determine your conception.
- Fallopian Tubes: The gynecologist will evaluate the condition of your fallopian tubes, mark you; this can be the cause of your infertility.
- Genes: Well, some people may have genetic problems that can be leading to infertility problems. This, too, should be checked to be sure that the entire procedure is handled accordingly.
How do I Choose the Right Physician?
If getting pregnant has become difficult due to infertility, the best place to start is by finding the right physician to help you through the necessary process. Certain qualifications should be considered when choosing the right doctor, such as;
- Experienced in this industry
- Good reputation
- Professional and can handle all sorts of gynecological issues
- Average charges and is very considerate
Gynecological problems can be very complicated, and you need to be cautious when choosing the right physician. If you notice something wrong with your reproductive system, make sure to take the proper precautions by seeing a professional gynecologist near you.